Thursday, May 7, 2009

Happy Birthday, My Boy

My sweet little boy has turned 5. I just can't believe we welcomed him into this world five whole years ago. It's just impossible.


The past five years have been filled with lots of laughter, tears, and an abundance of energy! This little guy has enough energy for all of us - I don't know how he keeps going. Inside, he has a heart of gold and seems to say the sweetest things - at just the right time. Lately, some random things he's said:


Mommy, are you married?

Yes, honey.

You are?

Yes, I am married to Daddy.

When I grow up, can I marry you?

No, sweetheart, you'll find another girl to marry. Someone you really love.

Aww, Mommy, I really want to marry you because I love you.



Mommy, I am so glad God made you. I am so happy that He made you my mommy, because you are the best Mommy in the world.


Connor, even though you are a big boy now, can I still call you my little boy?

Yes, Mommy, you can call me whatever you want.


Connor continues to provide us with overwhelming joy. His smile lightens up a room and his laughter is plentiful and contagious. He has continued to amaze us with all he's learned and how much he's grown this past year. This year, he...

had his training wheels removed

learned to ride a 16" bicycle

went skiing and went down the hill all by himself

learned to write his name with Uppercase and lowercase letters

can read and spell some three letter words

had his first "crush"

uses his imagination to role play

rode The Big Bad Wolf rollercoaster at Busch Gardens

learned to swim without floaties

fell in love with Wall-E and Star Wars


To celebrate his birthday, we invited his classmates over to watch the Wall-E movie. They had a great time. We will celebrate with other family and friends on the 17th. Happy Birthday, my sweet boy!

1 comment:

The Browns said...

Happy Birthday Connor!!! You are a beautiful, brilliant, and gifted boy - I can see why your momma adores you!