Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Carly Starts Kindergarten!

Today was the day. Carly's highly anticipated first day of Kindergarten began at 6:15 this morning when Daddy woke her up (he went into work late so he could see her off to school today). After (slowly) completing her morning routine, she came downstairs to a homemade breakfast of blueberry pancakes - Daddy's specialty, a family favorite. A few pictures on the front porch and then it was off, with rain boots and umbrellas, to the bus stop. I don't think she ever stopped smiling the entire wait. As soon as the bus arrived, she got into line and boarded the bus like she'd been doing it for years. She is so grown up.Of course, big brother, was there to comfort her if she needed it. He was so sweet.

When she got off the bus this afternoon, she still wore the same smile that she had on when she got on the bus in the morning. Of course, I asked a million questions (and got maybe four or five answers) about her day. One of them...

Me: "Carly, did you meet any new friends today?"
Carly: "Um, no, I didn't really feel like it today."

OK, then. Hopefully she was at least pleasant. Here's to making some friends tomorrow!

1 comment:

The Browns said...

I still can't believe it! Go Carly!!

PS - LOVE the haircut!