Sunday, May 6, 2012

8

It's going to take me a while to get used to saying that.  It just seems so OLD.  How can I have an eight year old?

In honor of my sweet boy's birthday...
Eight Things I Love About You
(although there are so many more)...
  • Your infectious laughter.  You have such a goofy, all boy, sense of humor and it's not hard to make you laugh - and when you get started it's hard to get you to stop!  You love to be tickled and I love to listen to you being tickled.
  • Your sweet, sensitive soul.  You have become such an empathetic person.  You think about how your actions will effect others and many of the things you do (or don't do) are a reflection of that.  You show such compassion toward animals.  When you are around, we need to be sure to carefully release unwanted bugs and spiders to safety (rather than killing them which I am more inclined to do!)     
  • Your self-confidence.  You continue to amaze me each time you volunteer to get in front of a crowd whether it be to participate in a game or skit at church, play an instrument or help a speaker at school, sing karaoke at an unknown place, the list goes on.  You have no problem getting up in front of others, which is something I have always struggled with.
  • Your friendliness.  You can strike up a conversation with a-n-y-o-n-e!  We lovingly refer to you at "the Mayor" because (just like your dad) you  can literally talk to anyone, anywhere, about anything at all!  It could be the cashier at the grocery store, a random fellow shopper, another male in the bathroom, a passer-by on the street, etc.  Elderly people, young people, classmates, teachers, babies, you name it!  You make friends so easily.  Within minutes of arriving at a park, you have introduced yourself and joined another boy or group of boys to play.
  •  Your love for your sister. The two of you are very close, which is a wonderful thing.  Although you know how to push her buttons, for the most part, you want to be around her.  You stand up for her when she's being treated unfairly or unkindly, and want to make sure she's being taken care of.  You immediately take her side when someone has made her cry (you even get upset with Daddy and me when we punish her)
  • Your endless energy.  How do you do it?  I would be wealthy if I could find a way to bottle up some of your energy and sell it.  You are on the move from the moment you get up until the moment you go to bed.
  • Your sweet, snuggly side.  Always at bedtime, and occastionally other times, you snuggle up real close to me.  You tell me how much you love me and smother me with kisses.  My favorite is when you tell me that I am so cute you can't even stand it! 
  •  Your intelligence.  You are such a bright child with an eagerness to learn new things.  You are very inquisitive and like to find out how things work. 
I love you sweet boy...each and every ounce of you!

No comments: