I know I haven't been the best blogger lately. Not that there hasn't been lots going on...I've just been neglectful (is that a word?) So, in case you've been missin' me, here is a brief synopsis of this past weekend.
For one last MOPS Steering Team "retreat", Heather invited us to her mother's house on Lake Anna. We all rode together, enjoyed lunch at Panera, and then arrived at the Lake around 1:30ish. We immediately changed into our bathing suits and hopped onto the boat. We anchored and then just laid in the sun, swam a bit, talked, ate, drank, and laid in the sun some more. It started getting cloudy as our stomachs were growling, so we headed back to the house to get ready for dinner. Each of us brought a dish or two for the weekend's meals so meal prep was very easy. We sat out on the deck overlooking the lake as we ate dinner and chatted. The conversation and company were delightful. How sad is it that we were all pooped around 10:30ish and went to bed!
After a restful night, we awoke to a beautiful day. We enjoyed a delicious breakfast and then hit the boat again.
Sunscreen...check
Towels...check
Trashy magazines...check
Gin Slushies...check
Good friends...check
Doesn't it sound too good to be true? It surely felt like it, too.
Thanks, ladies, for being the special people you are. I very much enjoyed our time together and can only hope we can all enjoy each other's company again before too long.

1 comment:
Looks like a WONDERFUL TIME! I can't wait for our retreat. :)
Post a Comment