Tuesday, June 23, 2009

What Have We Been Up To?

Cleaning - For some reason, I have been bitten by the cleaning bug. That doesn't happen very often, so I'm taking advantage of the sting! Since Saturday, I've been on a mission. I removed all the mini blinds from our windows and, one by one, hosed them down and laid them on the front lawn to dry. This had to be done in stages, as they had to dry on towels so they'd stay clean. While the mini blinds were off the windows, I thought it a great opportunity to wash the windows, inside and out. So while the blinds were drying, I washed windows - and window sills. All 29 windows are complete as of this evening. Yippee!

While I was cleaning the windows in our bedroom I got the urge to move the furniture around. Ever since we moved into our house, I have been yearning to angle our bed as it was in our previous house. I tried it right after we moved in but didn't care for it. I still wanted to try it again. I convinced Matt to give it a try, so in the one hour before his dentist's appointment yesterday we moved everything around and we love it!

Upstairs doors have been washed...now for the downstairs doors and all baseboards. Then I'm done!

VBS - Connor and Carly are attending Vacation Bible School this week at North Run (where Connor went to preschool and where Carly will go in the Fall). 9:00 - 12:30pm each day I am free...to clean! The theme is Crocodile something or other and they seem to be enjoying themselves.

Celebrating "Daddy" - Matt requested that we spend Father's Day at the pool. No argument there. My mom graciously agreed and hosted us for the day. We took a short break for lunch and dinner, but spend the rest of the day at the pool. Connor and Carly spend quite a bit of time at the pool while I'm working and have really become avid swimmers. They both love the water and their swimming has really improved since last year. Matt and I were amazed with all they could do. Connor is swimming underwater, dives to the bottom of the pool for rings (4 1/2 feet deep), and can go from one end of the pool to the other. Carly still uses her swimmies some of the time, but has really gotten good at swimming underwater. She will push off from the steps and swim 4 or 5 feet to one of us. She is just tall enough to touch the bottom of the pool on her tippy tippy toes. It's cute to watch her "walk" across the pool. They are fish!








Speaking of fish - Matt was given a Fishing License for Father's Day in the hopes that he will take Connor fishing. Connor has a fishing pole and has been asking Daddy regularly to take him fishing. Now, there is no excuse. I think we should rent a pontoon boat at Lake Anna and spend the day, with the kids, sunbathing, swimming, and fishing!

Happy Father's Day, Matt. You never cease to amaze me. You are ALWAYS up for playing with C&C. You walk in the door, after a 45 minute drive from Fredericksburg with your arms open wide ready for hugs and kisses and, from that moment on, you are in Daddy mode. You talk with them, play with them, and just make them feel loved and important. You can make any object "fun" and you are constantly coming up for new uses for everyday objects, making us all laugh. You have a great, passive approach to talking with the kids and always seem to get so much information from them. You are such a devoted father...our kids are so lucky!

2 comments:

Jaclyn said...

Wow, you are a real brave woman to take the blinds down and clean them all! Good for you! Doesn't it feel so good to know that you have done a really job of cleaning? It makes me feel so good.

The Browns said...

Wanna come over here??

And your Connor?? That boys got skills. I seriously hope you know what an overachiever he is! And don't try and be humble on his account...I don't like the alternative. :)