Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Beach Week

Our neighbors were kind enough to invite us to their beach house in Manteo, NC (on Roanoke Island) last week. Both husbands had to work during the week, so Jeannine and I took the kids (she has an eight year old boy) down on Tuesday and waited for the guys to get there Friday evening.

We spent each day doing almost the same thing. After we woke up and had breakfast, I would take Carly to the playground while Jeannine took the boys for a bike ride around the neighborhood. She was quick to share how excited she was that Connor could ride so fast, as he set the pace for the 3 mile ride (and I might add that he was ready to ride some more after he returned from the trip). That boy has some energy! Then we'd head back to the house and change into our bathing suits. The big decision of the day was whether to hit the beach or pool first. We were able to spend adequate time at each, and the kids loved both. I was amazed at how well Connor and Carly "managed" themselves in the ocean. They each knew their own personal limits and only went out as far as they felt comfortable. Back to the house for dinner and then we either took a walk or watched a movie before settling down for bed. Nice.

One of my favorite moments was when DJ Steve a.k.a."The Dream" set up at the pool and played some tunes for all to enjoy. He was very interestingly dressed and provided some great entertainment. I might add that he had some good moves as well. At one point he got all the kids up and invited them to the side of the pool for a Limbo competition, then a little YMCA dancing. What a hoot!

Once the guys got into town, they took the kids fishing off the pier and we signed the kids up for crabbing. They even caught some! That was lots of fun.

We had a great time...I miss the beach already! All in all...lots of fun in the sun!


No comments: