Thursday, January 14, 2010

My Sweet Boy

TC has had an exceptional week thus far. He has had great behavior at school, he's been polite at home and non-argumentative, and just absolutely delightful to be around. I must share something that happened this morning...
After he was dressed, we went downstairs to discuss what he wanted for breakfast. He decided on yogurt. Since this is something he can prepare by himself, I allowed him to do so while I ran upstairs to help Carly get dressed. After Carly was dressed, she and I began to walk downstairs. As we glanced into the kitchen we caught a glimpse of Connor. It had to be the sweetest thing I've seen in a long time. He was sitting in his chair, hands folded in his lap, with his yogurt opened in front of him on the table. Next to his yogurt was a folded napkin with a spoon on top. Across from him, at Carly's spot, there was an opened yogurt with a folded napkin and spoon on top.
He had taken it upon himself to prepare Carly's breakfast and was sitting waiting for her before starting to eat his own.
He is a pretty sweet kid...sometimes...no,most of the time! It is moments like this that I need to remember.

2 comments:

The Browns said...

sweet, sweet boy. SUPER SWEET BROTHER!!

rboyz said...

what a sweet boy, but it's a reflection of your and Matt's parenting!