Wednesday, November 2, 2011

HaLlOwEeN

Because Matt and I weren't too keen on the idea of trick-or-treating on a school night we came up with an alternate plan. Both C&C went for it and were pretty excited. The plan involved trunk-or-treating Friday and Saturday nights, tick-or-treating through Nonnie's community Sunday (each year, a number of residents call her specifically to ask if her grandchildren will come trick-or-treating at their houses), and then on Halloween, all dressed up, we sit on our front porch and greet other trick-or-treaters and hand out candy. I think they wore their costumes more this year than they ever have - and still made out with a bucket load of candy (for the Candy Fairy, of course). It really was a lot of fun and we have talked about doing it again, although it will all depend on what day of the week Halloween falls on.

1 comment:

The Browns said...

cute stuff! and seriously - you're the prettiest witch I've ever seen!