I know I say this each year, but I just can't believe that she's really six years old. Time is just getting away from me. I'm holding on for dear life.
Sweet Carly - you have grown so SO much this year, yet you are still the sweet little girl whose smile can brighten any room and whose laughter is contagious. Your tender heart is still very sensitive and you care a great deal about others' feelings and I can't imagine our lives without you. You add so much joyfulness to our family.
Here are some things I never want to forget about YOU this year:
Your ear-to-ear smile on the first day of school as you got off the school bus for the first time.
Your eagerness to learn and determination to read and write (and memorize your addition and subtraction facts faster than your brother).
How easily you make friends. You have such an outgoing personailty and have no problem making friends. Within minutes of arriving at a playground, library, sporting event, you will undoubtably be seen running around, playing, or having a conversation with someone new.
Your willingness to take risks. Girl, you are unbelievable at times. Riding on a tube being pulled behind a boat, swinging from the monkey bars, roller skating, diving off the diving board...are you afraid of anything?
So, Snuggle Bug, Sweet Girl, Mimi, Carly-girl...it was such an honor to celebrate you this week!
This weekend we celebrated Miss Carly's sixth birthday. The house was full of five year old girls and lots of laughter and all things girlie! This year's theme was Candyland.
The invitation:
First stop: Peanut Acres

The girls searched through bags of packing peanuts to find the real peanuts and then hurled them over their heads to their partner who had to catch them in a net. There were peanuts flying everywhere!
Next up: Peppermint Forest
Here, teams competed in the Peppermint Relay, balancing a peppermint on a spoon.
Then, Lollipop Woods
Several varieties of lollipops were on a tray and the girls had to examine them. Each girl took turns removing a lollipop while the rest of the group guessed which one was missing.
Then is was time for cupcakes!
How cool are these cupcakes!? Yes, I made them (got the recipe from here) and will not, most likely, make them again. They were very tedious and time consuming.
We love this face :)
Last stop was the Candy Castle, where the girls filled their bags with sweets from the "Candy Bar".
Each girl went home with a Whirly Pop from Sweet Spot and a toothbrush.
1 comment:
awesome - I love it! there is some serious candyland fever this year!
Happy Birthday Carly-girl! You are one super special girl!!
Post a Comment