Friday, July 3, 2009

Let's Go Yankees!

Last night we went to our first game in the new Yankee Stadium. Although they lost, we had a great time, and the stadium is awesome.

Matt's cousin came over to watch C&C. Immediately both of them warmed up to her (this is only the second time they've had a babysitter other than their grandparents). We felt very comfortable leaving them with her.

We were in a little bit of traffic on the way in, but we didn't mind. Melissa and Kris had prepared their special summer drink (Passion Fruit Malibu Run and Lemonade) which kept us occupied. (I highly recommend it!). We got there in time to walk the stadium a little and check out the sights. It really is a beautiful stadium. Then it took us another ten minutes or so to hike up, up, up to our seats. Most of us were perspiring and out of breath by the time we finally sat down.

It started raining shortly after we got there so there was a rain delay. After about 30 minutes, the game began! Our seats were pretty high up, but we had a great view of the field. Of course we were seated on the third base side - great view of Jeter! To get a better view, about three innings in, I took a field trip. I think everyone thought I was crazy, but I wanted a closer view. I walked all the way back down to field level and watched, jaws dropped wide open. I stood right on the third base side with a perfect view of Jeter (and Jack Nicholson, who was also in attendance). I was in awe. Spectators were allowed to stand and watch as long as they wanted, as long as we didn't go right down into the box seats. I stayed and watched both from the third base line and behing the Yankees dugout for a full inning before making the long trip back up to our seats.
All in all, a great game! Too bad my camera is on the fritz and didn't capture the amazing views of Derek Jeter I had! UGH!

2 comments:

Jaclyn said...

Can you share the recipe for the drink? It sounds good!

The Browns said...

AWESOME!!! Sounds like a great time - even for this non-baseball loving, and definitely non-Yankee liking girl!

Hope you're having a wonderful time up there!