For Snack, the kids (and adults) munched on a few school goodies and then we jumped right into P.E. This started with a School Supply Scavenger Hunt. I pulled out my tucked-away teaching skills and differentiated the lists. The younger children had picture lists while the older kids had to read theirs.
The Morning Routine Relay provided some good laughter as the two teams battled to see who was more efficient at following the routine. They had to 1. get out of bed 2. get dressed (Matt's jeans, shirt, and shoes) 3. Put books in a backpack and put it on their back 4. Kiss Mom or Dad and 5. Run to the "bus" before returning to each stop and removing the items in order and tagging the next person in line.
In Art, the kids created Shrinky Dink backpack tags.The children enjoyed playing football and using the playground during the unorganized portion of Recess. Then it was time for "Bobbing"for Apples. Early on, I had decided that the traditional way of doing this may not be so health conscious so I twisted it a little and tied the apples to a string so that the apples were mouth level. The older kids did this first, which was a good thing because we decided (after getting a few good laughs) that this was nearly impossible. So I improvised and quickly pulled together a number of large bowls/pans and filled each with water. Each child then had their own bucket to "bob" for apples in. No germ swapping this way! Again, the adults were entertained...
After some adjustments...

"Lunch" was ready...
Finally, the Pencil Walk (liken to a Cake Walk)
1 comment:
LOVED, LOVED, LOVED IT!!! Thank you SO much for including us!!
And PS - have I mentioned that I think you have MAD skills???!
Post a Comment