Sunday, November 16, 2008

A Big Day

Our sweet Carly has never had her hair cut. Never. She's almost 3 years old.
Last year I was so excited that it was long enough for pigtails and ponytails. I love playing with her hair each morning and deciding which hairstyle she'll wear and which accessories will be used. I've toyed with the idea of cutting her hair into a cute bob, or stacked bob, for months. I've seen so many young girls with that style and they look so cute. I always teetered back and forth. I love the style of shorter hair, butI also like the flexibility of longer hair. It has taken a long time for her hair to grow this long. Oh, if I cut it, will it look cute? Will I regret it? How long will it take to grow back?
This morning as I was blow drying her hair after her shower, the idea entered my mind again and I folded her hair under to see how she would look with a cute little bob. Adorable. Matt walked in the room and I exclaimed, "I'm doing it...I'm going to take her to get her hair cut!" (I want you to know that I didn't just make this decision without any input. Matt has told me on many occasions that he doesn't care either way whether we cut her hair or not...he has no preference...so ultimately, the decision was mine) He agreed that it would look cute, although I'm sure in the back of his mind, he doubted that I'd actually go through with it.

After naptime this afternoon, we took her and Connor for hair cuts. As soon as we got to the salon, Carly hopped up into the chair and said "I get a hair cut." She didn't seem to mind getting her hair cut at all and kept the employees laughing as she made faces at herself in the mirror. As soon as she was finished, Connor exclaimed, "You look beautiful!"
BEFORE

DURING





and after...

Ta da!



Her hair automatically did this "flip" thing. Of course tomorrow morning I'll play with it a little to see what else it can do! Ahh, the joys of having a little girl!

No comments: