During naptime yesterday I got my nails done and then did some shopping. Matt was outside raking and cleaning the gutters. I got home around 5:00. Everyone was outside playing, riding bikes, etc... Each time I looked at Carly, I couldn't help but think that she looked different. I kept thinking it must've been because her bow wasn't in her hair anymore. It must've fallen out during her nap. Matt commented that she took a great nap, didn't get up until about 4:45. WOW...that was a long nap!
Little did we know that Miss Carly had woken up and come out of her room (Matt unlocked the door to her room after Connor woke up so that Carly could just walk out and come outside to join them). She marched into the office, picked up my scissors and gave herself a haircut! We don't know the full extent to what she did, but we did notice that she drew an elaborate picture on the walls of the bathtub with the bath crayons. Who knows what else she got into!
I must say I am saddened that her cute haircut isn't as cute anymore, but she actually did a pretty good job. I know it could be MUCH worse! I just wish she had waited until after we took our Christmas pictures.
Having this blog saved her...rather than yelling or overreacting I just kept thinking..."This is going to make for a good blog post!"
We now refer to Carly as Miss Bangs...
1 comment:
OH NO SHE DIDN'T!!!
You're so right though - it could have been MUCH worse!
Don't you love when you think of your life in terms of how to post about it? Is that a problem?!
Post a Comment