Monday, January 5, 2009

Ready to Exhale

Ahhh...the holidays are over! Although Christmas is my favorite time of the year and I love everything about it, I am always relieved when it is over. It is also exacerbated by the fact that Carly's birthday is today (the 5th), so we always have that on the heels of Christmas and New Year's. (I'll have her birthday post tomorrow...one step at a time!) With all of that said, maybe you will excuse my tardiness and lack of posting.

Our Christmas was absolutely wonderful. Connor was at the perfect age this year. We spent a lot of time talking about the true meaning of Christmas, of Jesus' birth, and I think he really understood that. We read stories about his birth and he was really intrigued and asked a lot of questions. It is such a delight to share stories and answer his questions, as he is really curious and his questions are well thought out.

Of course, Christmas day was so exciting. I don't think Connor slept a wink Christmas Eve. He kept waking up and coming to see me, telling me that he was hearing the bells. I took a lot of convincing to get him to try to go back to sleep. To say that he was excited is an understatement. Christmas morning, as Connor and Carly walked hand in hand down the stairs and into the living room, their eyes grew bigger and bigger and you could see the anticipation rising. Keeping with tradition, we stayed in our new jammies all day. Matt's parent's arrived mid-afternoon (we even convinced them to change into their pj's) as did my mom. We all enjoyed relaxing, eating, chatting, opening gifts, eating, and opening more gifts. Although we didn't do much, we were all exhausted by the end of the day.

Fast forward a few days...we drove up and spent some time on Long Island for New Year's. We all had good intentions of staying up to watch the ball drop...Matt's mom and I dozed off briefly, but woke just in time for the countdown and the ball drop. Then, almost immediately, we all ran into our rooms and went to bed. It's funny how things change as we get older! I think I go to bed (or get tired) earlier and earlier each year!

Some pictures...


1 comment:

The Browns said...

Merry Christmas sweet friend!