Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Love Notes and Boo Boo's

The other night, as Connor, Carly, and I were sitting at the table eating dessert, the folliwng conversation took place.

"Mommy, do you know how to spell Riley?"
"Yes"
"I mean Riley. Do you really know how to spell that?"
"Yes, honey, I know how to spell Riley."
"OK, good, I want to write a note to tell her I love her"

Matt, who was washing dishes, and I, were completely taken by surprise and had to chuckle a little to ourselves. First crush? I do know Riley, though. She is a cute little girl in his preschool class. At least we know he's got good taste!

Another day, Connor and Carly were running around outside. Carly came in complaining that she hurt her buns. Connor said that she had fallen and hurt herself. As I was cuddling her, trying to make her feel better, Connor ran into the kitchen to get his Doctor's Kit that he'd made recently in school. He came back with a Band-Aid and instructed Carly to show him where her boo boo was. She pulled down her pants and stuck her toosh right out. Connor preceeded to remove the Band-Aid from the wrapper and put it on Carly's boo-boo! If anyone had been peering into our windows, they would've surely wondered what kind of monkey business was going on in our house!

1 comment:

The Browns said...

Oh my gosh - so sweet!! His first crush, I love it!