Snow, snow , snow!
Just about 6 inches...
OK,..there are times when money does indeed buy some happiness, in my opinion. However, for now, I am thankful that I am blessed with a strong back, a healthy heart and time off of work to get the job done.
The job: Driveway and walkway





Last night through this morning it was mezmerizing to watch the snow fall steady and peaceful. We were due for a good snow storm around here and we finally got it. So, this morning we headed out to play. As for me, I could not stand the fact that the roads would soon be plowed and my driveway would remain white. Why do I have this pressure or urge to shovel? I know what I'm in for, have no power tools to use for this challenge and would rather play. Even better, I would really love to get in the car and go skiing. Nevertheless, I instinctively grabbed the shovel and got busy. I could not be the guy who was burning rubber and racing my engine to get up my driveway tomorrow.
The tool: One shovel, Zero HP
The fuel: Scrambled Eggs, Sausage, Milk and Coffee
It's the first time I have shoveled our driveway since we moved here and I wish I could say it is the last. I am relieved it's done, but I do not look forward to the next 6 inches of snow in my driveway. Then again, maybe by then I'll have something fun to use that will assist me? You never know.
Connor and Carly had fun too. Maybe I'll put them to work next year?
2 comments:
Great post Matt! You and Brian must be kindred spirits - our driveway was clean shoveled by 10am yesterday morning. Although his wife did NOT fuel him with anything remotely as good as your's did!
I've awarded you with a lemonade award for your blog! Check out my blog for details so you can get going and participate. You already know how much I love your blog. It's so sweet that Matt contributes as well.
Post a Comment