Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Birthday Week Part 2

This has to have been the best Birthday Week e-v-e-r! I don't think there's any topping this one.
Friday evening was our Mother Daughter Dinner. My mom, Carly, and I enjoyed dinner together. It was nice to have that girl time with my two favorite ladies!
On Saturday morning, after Flag Football, my mom took C&C and Matt and I headed to Williamsburg. Matt had made plans for us to stay at Kingsmill Resort and had reservations for me at the Spa. I could barely contain myself. I'd never had any sort of massage before, let alone visited a Spa before, so this was super exciting. As soon as we checked into our condo, we headed over to the Spa. Friends had told me to go early and stay late and to bring lots of magazines to read while relaxing in the lounge. I followed directions. After changing into my robe and slippers, I plopped myself into an over-sized lounge chair, covered up with a warm fluffy blanket and read. Does this sound heavenly? It was! I was called for my facial first, which was absolutely delightful. An hour of massaging, exfoliating, hydrating...ahhhhhh! Back to the super comfy chair with my magazine to wait for my massage. My massage was so relaxing and peaceful (as I guess all massages are). My masseuse was very sweet and did a wonderful job. I loved every second of it and couldn't help but fret all through it that it about it being over too soon. Of course I headed back to my comfy chair (because I needed to relax some more) with my blanket and magazines and laid around for another hour or so. Matt gave me specific instructions not to think about him or wonder what he was doing...so I didn't. I started to get hungry, so I finally peeled myself off of the chair and changed. Minus a shower, hairstyle, and make-up, I picked Matt up at the Fitness Center and we headed to a casual restaurant at the resort. It's a good think I didn't run into anyone I knew. I had the look of pure relaxation! Back at the room, Matt started a fire and I showered, and then we just laid around talking, watching tv, and staring at the fire. It was such a nice evening.


Matt had breakfast waiting for me when I woke up Sunday morning (at 9am I might mention) and then I was off to the Spa again. Of course I got there early so that I could take full advantage of the surroundings before having my pedicure. That too, was such a treat. Soon after that was finished, we headed back home. Of course I didn't want to leave, but I left feeling so happy and relaxed. I am so grateful for a husband who thought evough of me to plan such a wonderful "ME" weekend, and so grateful to have a mother who was willing to keep C&C while I was away. Thank you!
Sunday evening my mom came over and we had Surf and Turf for dinner. My favorite, king crab legs, were on the menu. It's been quite some time since I've had those and they are my absolute favorite! My mom and the kids enjoyed the steak while Matt and I devoured 2 pounds of crab. Mmmmmmmm!

Well, there you go. It's over! Now I will wait 51 more weeks until Birthday Week rolls around again. Thank you all for celebrating with me!

No comments: