51 weeks have passed since last year, actually it's flown by at super-speed...you know what that means. My Birthday Week is here. For those of you who don't know, I l-o-v-e Birthday Week. I didn't grow up celebrating birthday weeks, it only started once I hit 30, but I can tell you it has really made birthdays more bearable. The week leading up to my birthday is no longer filled with depressing thoughts about getting older or reminiscing about my "younger" days, but with happiness and anticipation of being spoiled and doing all things ME (I know this sounds completely selfish, but I'm really not!). Matt and I plan out the week in advance and fill it with my favorite things...friends, hobbies, food, etc... and I am so excited that it's here! Seriously, if you don't celebrate Birthday Week, you should! How could it not be worth it? You won't be disappointed, I promise!
So, this week started on Monday with Shopping Day. I went to the outlets in Williamsburg and strolled along, window shopped, skipped lunch and snacked all day. Unfortunately I really didn't find anything special or exciting, and no real bargains per se. When I got back into Richmond, I went straight to Short Pump Towne Center and shopped some more. It was there that I found some goodies. A couple of tops, a sweater, jewelry, and jeans - two pair. I picked up a pair of Skinny jeans (let's hope they work!) and some Boyfriend jeans (with rolled cuffs). The lady helping me told me all about how fashionable and comfortable they were, and were "even featured on Oprah". Had to get me a pair! Then I got home just in time to enjoy dessert with the fam...what a perfect day in Jenn's world!
Tuesday was a fun day too. Matt was off from school because of the snow so he and I went to Carly's (rescheduled) Valentine's party at preschool. A relaxing evening at home finished out Day 2.
One of the highlights of the week, for sure, was last night. I invited all of my favorite ladies to join me for dinner. All but two of them were able to come (Sally and Dawn, I missed you!). As some of us were standing together waiting for a table, it occured to me that not everyone knew each other. I quickly, in true teacher fashion, came up with a "game" which involved each of them asking questions of each other to try and determine their names and how they knew me. It was neat for me to watch as each of them recalled stories/events involving the other ladies. They were finally able to put a face to a name they had heard about through conversations with me. I must say it was so exciting for me to be surrounded by my favorite women and for them to finally meet each other. These women are such special people to me and I value their friendship tremendously. I am truly fortunate to have found such wonderful friends. Thank you ladies! I love you.
I love Birthday Week...what shall the rest of the week bring?
2 comments:
SO SO SO much fun! I can't wait to hear about the rest of birthday week!!
Okay, so I've just now figured out that these emails I've been getting from you are because you invited me to view your blog (as I requested! Thank you for remembering!). What fun it's been to puruse around. And thank you for the fun night celebrating YOU during your birthday week! You're just adored. Plain and simple. :)
Post a Comment