Monday, August 18, 2008

A Sweet, but Sickly, Visit

We received a call early in the week from Matt's brother, Kris, asking if we had plans this weekend. Surprisingly we didn't! (I think this is the first weekend all summer that we didn't have ANY plans) YEAH! We were both so excited, since we hadn't seen him and his wife, Melissa, since early July when we up on Long Island visiting...and we always enjoy any time we get to spend with them.

After dinner Friday night, my stomach began feeling a bit strange. Connor and Matt were outside watering the grass, so I put Carly to bed. As soon as I came downstairs from doing that, I knew immediately I needed to make a visit to the bathroom. Nedless to say, I was in there for nearly an hour before heading upstairs. Matt suggested that we call Kris and Melissa and cancel their visit, but I was so excited to see them, I encouraged him not to - hoping that I would feel better in the morning.

Saturday morning I did feel better, but my stomach was still a bit queasy. I knew I was going to feel better by the time they arrived!

They arrived around 12:30 (after a long trip and a lot of heavy traffic). It was so great to see them! I did feel a bit better, but we spent the majority of the day relaxing in the house. I felt like such a terrible hostess because I laid, lazily, on the couch and didn't offer to make or serve anything. I just didn't have the energy, and I was afraid that walking and moving around might jiggle my stomach and force me to be sick. Luckily, Kris and Melissa had a craving for Chipotle, so we all drove there and got them their burritos and burrito bols to go. Nope...I didn't get to have any. I was too afraid to put anything in my stomach! They were exhausted by 9:00, and decided to go to bed...so Matt and I headed to bed also.

By Sunday morning, I was feeling like a million bucks. Isn't it amazing how great you feel and the mood you're in after being sick? I was so excited to feel normal! I had to work in the Nursery at church that morning, so I left them all here and met them at Cracker Barrel (another of Kris and Melissa's favorites!) afterwards. YUM! We played outside a bit, Melissa and I walked around and shopped at Short Pump Towne Center (and while we were there my mom called and said that she had been sick all night), and then I finally made them a meal for them last night!

After dinner last night, Matt got that feeling in his stomach...ugh oh! YUP, he was in the bathroom most of the night and had to stay home from work today (which he never does!). I don't know what this is, but I hope you don't catch it! I went to Ukrops this morning and bought the largest container of Clorox wipes and disinfectant spray I could find. We've been washing our hands and spraying and wiping constantly! Hopefully we'll move on and rebound from this without anyone else getting sick. Cross our fingers!

1 comment:

Jaclyn said...

I hope the rest of you all stay well!