skip to main |
skip to sidebar
A Wedding to Remember
We spent 4 days in upstate New York to celebrate the wedding of my dear friend, Stephanie. Connor and Carly were encouraged to attend both the ceremony and reception - which made us a bit nervous. Because I was reading at the wedding, I needed to sit hear the front. We arrived at the ceremony armed with books, sticker books, coloring books, snacks, etc... Of course, they were quickly bored with those items, and became restless. At one point, Carly bumped her head on the pew and began to cry...loudly and dramatically, I might add. Matt had to walk her out. Needless to say, both Matt and I were so embarrased by their behavior after the wedding, we didn't stay around to talk with anyone and went straight to the car, forcing back tears.

The reception was another story. As soon as the band started to play, Carly walked right up on stage and wanted to sing with the lead female singer (who was very receptive and accepting of her company). She spent most of the night up there with the band. Connor tore up the dance floor with his break-dancing moves (Matt must be giving him secret lessons) and silly dancing. Even after most of the other children left, our two energetic children, continued to party!
We all had such a nice time. I enjoyed seeing many of my old friends and being surrounded by many people I grew up with.

No comments:
Post a Comment