For a dreary, rainy Wednesday it was a pretty fun day! I knew I had to come up with a plan to keep us busy since Matt has an Open House tonight and won't be home until late this evening. So...
We started off this morning at the Playroom (a large "store" filled with every toy every mother wishes she had in her playroom - large mounbounces, an air hockey table, a mini rollercoaster, dress up clothes, a playhouse with kitchen, and a chalkboard among other things) with some friends. We stayed for a couple of hours and ate our packed lunch before heading home for naps.
After naptime, I changed Carly and Connor into overalls, and we headed out into the rain. I knew there wasn't a chance of thunderstorms and it was warm, so I decided to let them run and splash in the rain. This was the first time we had ever played in the rain. I am probably the only mother in the world who hasn't allowed her children to play in the rain...today was the day! There just happened to be an enormous, long puddle in the road in front of our house. Connor and Carly had loads of fun running through it and splashing each other. At one point, they both sat right down in the middle of it. They really had a "splash!"
When we came in, I changed their clothes, and we headed over to the movie store across the street. We wanted to rent Peter Pan, but they didn't have the cartoon version, so we settled with A Bug's Life, which they always enjoy watching at Nonnie's house.
Once we returned home, we quickly changed into our pj's and had pizza delivered. We enjoyed the pizza sitting in the fort that has been standing in the livingroom for days while watching our movie. WOW...who ever thought rainy days could be so much fun!
Pre-op and Surgery Day (Pacemaker Revision)
1 week ago
1 comment:
What a great day!! I KNOW the kids loved it. Good for you for seizing the day!
Post a Comment