We have all been anxiously awaiting the start of preschool. The day has finally come...today!
The morning went as usual and Connor appeared to be excited to go. He got himself dressed and came into my room and announced that he'd like frozen, yes FROZEN, cold, french toast sticks and pancakes for breakfast. He's been really into eating these recently. Of course I don't argue, becuase it's much easier for me. I don't have to cook/prepare anything! Anyway, after breakfast, we headed to school. As we were waiting in the car line (we have the privilege of driving up and dropping off!), Connor decided he'd like to come and sit with me in the front, which I allowed him to do since we weren't driving anywhere. We talked about what he might do today, I shared our expectations, and reminded him that his frog was yellow (each student in the class has a different colored frog...the teacher really likes frogs). He understood, and assured me that he was going to have a good day. When our turn had come, I opened up the door and out he went! There was an adult waiting to walk him to his room.
Carly and I left and went to Story Hour at the library and then got groceries before heading back to pick up Connor at noon. As I sat in the car line I couldn't help but wonder how he had done, if he behaved himself, and followed directions. Gosh I hoped so! As soon as I pulled up to the door, he skipped out as happy as could be, and got into the car. He gave me a kiss and told me that he was a good boy in school. I was happy to hear it, but I needed to check the Communication Folder first to be sure there wasn't a note in there from Mrs. Hurt. NO NOTE! I can only assume that he was right and had a good day.
As he buckled himself into his seat, and we started to pull away, he announced, "I want to go back to school!" YEAH!!! That's a good sign!
1 comment:
YEAH! So glad the day went well!
And don't you just love drop-off and pick-up?! It's the best thing!
Post a Comment