It is with extreme excitement that I(we) bid farewell to Carly's binky. We took Connor's binky away shortly before his third birthday, and I planned to do the same with Carly. November would be the time. But last night, as we were laying in her bed together talking, reading stories, and singing songs I asked her if she thought she could sleep without her binky. She thought about it for a minute. I bribed her with some Barbie-like dolls she has been collecting and playing with. She could earn "grandma" and "brother" who have been sitting on top of the refrigerator for some time waiting for her to earn 5 stickers. I knew she desperately wanted them because she reminded me each day that they were on top of the fridge. She took the binky out of her mouth and handed it to me. I had originally thought that I would give her the dolls in the morning, if she went all night without the binky. But when she suggested that I give them to her before going to sleep, I thought that was actually a good, immediate idea. When I gave her the two dolls, she smiled from ear to ear. I reminded her that she needed to sleep all night without the binky in order to keep grandma and brother. And she did!
Bye Bye Binky!
She still has her taggie blankie...and still favors that one rainbow colored tag on it. That doesn't bother me, although I can't ever get it clean.
Pre-op and Surgery Day (Pacemaker Revision)
1 week ago
2 comments:
O-M-G! This is too darn wierd!! I just now - literally moments ago - posted about how last night we got rid of Griffin's pacy! And guess what I titled it??
Bye Bye Bie... (b/c Griffin called his Bie)
Way too strange!
Way to go, Carly!!!!
Post a Comment