This story touched my heart, so I had to share...
On Saturday morning, while I was in Cape Charles, Matt took Connor and Carly to the Glen Allen Day Parade (along with dear friend Doug and his two children, and our neighbors and their two children). During the parade, as candy was being thrown to spectators, all the children raced to pick up whatever they could find. After getting permission from Matt, Connor ran to get some, too, and returned with only two Rolos. Shortly after he did that, Carly and our neighbor's daughter started complaining (a.k.a whining) that they didn't have any candy. Connor thought for a moment and quietly said "It's alright girls. Here you go, you can have these..." He proceeded to give each girl a Rolo, leaving himself with nothing. He never complained or mentioned it again.
Maybe our daily discussions about sharing are going somewhere. Thank you, God, for answering a prayer!
My sweet boy...I love you.
Pre-op and Surgery Day (Pacemaker Revision)
1 week ago
2 comments:
you should be proud. don't you love when your hard work pays off?
What a sweet, sweet boy!
Post a Comment