Friday, September 19, 2008

Thankful Thursday

So much to be thankful for this week...
...the opportunity to serve in the Nursery at church. I always enjoy the time I get to spend in there cuddling and playing with babies. Of course, my favorites are those who are crying. I love crying babies - I love the challenge of trying to calm and comfort them. This week it was sweet Hannah. She cried and cried for her mommy and nothing soothed her. I was not going to give up. After a good 15-20 minutes of "near hysteria", I did it! She stopped crying and was pleasant the rest of the morning! Ahhh...success!

...the new message series at RCC
The first message, Creativity in Marriage, was great! Have a listen for yourself...
...being afforded the opportunity to work a few days outside of the home. Some days I just need to get away! The financial advisors I work with downtown are fantastic, and are very receptive to my (very) flexible schedule. Some weeks I don't work at all, some weeks I work 3 days (but never more than 3 days). My hours (11:00am - 4:30pm) allow me to continue my typical morning routine with C&C and avoid morning and evening rush hour.
...my mother! I can only hope that I am even part of the grandmother she is to C&C when it's my turn to become a grandmother. She is consistently offering to watch C&C, asking them to spend the night, etc... My kids love her. Adore her. They lovingly refer to her as Nonnie, and always ask when they can go see her. While they're there, she entertains them and always has fun ideas/activities in store for them whether it's baking cookies, drawing, coloring, working on writing their names, reading books together, building, playing card games...there is always something fun at Nonnie's house.
...that my annual complete body scan at the dermatoloist's office was uneventful. Last year, when I went for a scan (initiated by me, because of a mole I wanted checked), I had a mole on my back that she wanted to remove and biopsy. She did it right there in the office. As she was pricking me with novicane (sp?) and scraping the skin, I was gritting my teeth and talking, and trying to do anything but think about what she was doing. The procedure was very quick and painless. I did great! I was so proud of myself (I'm not a needle person!). I got dressed and went into the waiting room to checkout. As I was getting ready to schedule my follow up appointment, I felt queasy and mentioned to the receptionist that I needed to sit. The next thing I knew, I was on the floor, looking up at five or six women looking down at me. I had passed out. They suggested that I go to the hospital to be checked because I had fallen straight back onto the concrete floor. The fire rescue team arrived in their rescue truck (ambulance). They took me to the hospital by ambulance...WOW...and it was determined that I had suffered a concussion. My head hurt for at least 3 weeks. Needless to say, I was happy that I didn't need anything removed this time!
...Nail Boutique! I have gotten my nails and toes done since 1992 and I love it! I have been going to the same nail salon since I moved here in 1999. This week I went for OPI's, "Oh...to be 25 again"
...this upcoming weekend away with the girls! The ladies I taught third grade with (We call ourselves the "Third Grade Girls") have remained close and try to get together at least once a month. This weekend is our second annual (mmm...I hope it will continue to be an annual thing) trip to Cape Charles. One of the ladies, who just retired this year, has a beautiful house (Ughuum...shack - inside joke!) in Cape Charles and has invited us to spend tonight and tomorrow with her. I can't wait to spend some quality time with the girls!

1 comment:

The Browns said...

Oh I wish you were in the nursery when I take poor Griffin. My poor baby has yet to spend more than 15 minutes back there...

So glad your appt was uneventful too! What an event last year!