Sunday, October 19, 2008

Another Great Weekend...

The weekend began Friday night with the ladies. Liz and I hosted another Bun Bun Bag party since the last one was such a hit. They have added several new styles to their collection, and the fall fabrics are so cute! While the consultant was busy displaying the bags before the party, I immediately found my favorite. It is one of the new styles which is not even up on the website. Since I had previously viewed the fabrics online (bunbunbags.com), I already knew that I would be ordering the brown and white polka dot pattern. Love polka dots! All of the ladies had fun checking out the styles and getting each other's advice regarding colors, fabrics, monograms, etc... It's so nice to have other ladies around while you're designing a new handbag. I know Matt wouldn't have been much help in that department. The nice thing about this company (which was started a few years ago by a woman in Chesterfield County) is that you get to design the bag. You choose the style, fabric, lining color, pocket number and location, monogram vs. applique, snap, zipper, etc... After the bag is ordered, it is custom made and delivered 4 weeks later. I just love this concept. In fact, so much so, I am considering becoming a consultant myself. The best part of the night...The hostess (which would be me) receives a custom bag from the next season's designs for free that night! Mine is adorable.

Saturday morning we played around the house - in our pajamas. Our good friends, and Carly's godparents, called because they were on this side of town (yet another close friend who moved to the southsided!) and wondered what we were up to. We invited them over to play and have lunch. Because I didn't have too much time to plan, I ran to Ukrops (so conveniently across the street) to get the fixins for soup and sandwiches. We enjoyed our time together catching up and Connor and Carly had fun playing with Jacob. If only we could see them more often.


While the kids were napping, my mom came over to finish the wallpaper in the foyer. We ran out of paper 3/4 of the way through and it took me several months to order another roll. Thanks mom for the nudge on that one! It looks great!


My mom invited Connor and Carly to spend the night with her, so Matt and I had a date night. We had intended to have dinner and catch a movie (I wanted to see Nights in Rodanthe). The best laid plans...our dinner ran a little long so we missed the movie. We decided to check out nearby Five Below, and the new Trader Joe's . It was our first visit to Trader Joe's. Neat place. We looked like alcoholics walking out of Trader Joe's with our three bottles of "Two Buck Chuck" and a six pack of beer.


We were able to sleep in a little this morning before heading to church. We enjoyed Pastor Rick's final message in the "I Do I Don't" series titled Family First. We were happy to hear him encouraging the congregation to eat together as a family each night. Something Matt and I completely agree with. When we arrived at my mother's house, this is what we found...


My mom had prepared brunch for us...delicious! Afterwards, Matt took off Connor's training wheels on the 16" bike my mom has for him at her house. We were anticipating that he might have some difficulty since this bike was a bit larger than his bike at our house. Nope...check him out!




We got home just in time for naptime. Afterwards, I had fun snapping some shots of Carly outside. I bought this dress for her a while back and just fell in love with it. I have been waiting for the weather to be cold enough for her to wear it, as it is made of sweater material. I wish I could have a matching one...
I am a little biased, but is she not the cutest thing you ever saw!?


And while I was at it, I snapped a few pictures of the front porch, as promised...


2 comments:

Skamamama said...

i totally forgot about the bun bag parties! i never rsvp'd to the one over the summer but i'm sure you figured it out! :) i do love the adorable bags...actually i call them "pocs". is that where you got the one i liked that you used last year?
enjoy your brown polka dots!

The Browns said...

yes, she IS the cutest thing ever! Love that last picture of her. Too cute!

And way impressed with the porch. Ahhh...to have more than a too small front step. One can always dream, right? :)