WOW! What a weekend! I can't remember a weekend like this one in a long time. It was perfect! It started Saturday morning...
Matt cooked us all cheese omlets and them we headed to the "Touch a Truck" event held at Short Pump Middle School, sponsored by the Junior League of Richmond. I had never heard of this before, but apparently this was their 3rd Annual. It caught my attention after a friend, and fellow blogger, forwarded the flyer advertising the event. This was incredible, and if you've never been before I highly recommend it. There were 30 plus trucks of all types for the children to explore. There was a dump truck, bulldozer, excavator, 18 wheeler, ambulance, city bus, firetruck, cement mixer, etc... The children could climb on and IN them. They got to sit in the driver's seat and push buttons and most importantly, honk the horn! It was so much fun, and because we were among the first people there, there were no lines to wait in. They had inflatables for the kids to jump in, games, crafts, and carnival type food.






We left from there and headed right to the University of Richmond for the Down Syndrome Association of Richmond's Buddy Walk. We had joined Team Katiebug (a friend who's daughter, Katie, was born with Down Syndrome) and were walking in support of her. We picked up our t-shirts, had a bite to eat, and began the 1 mile walk around the campus. What a beautiful place. It reminded Matt and I of Elmira (where we went to college) and agreed that we'd love our children to attend there (although our bank accounts won't). Connor walked with Will (Katie's brother) and they had a great time entertaining each other - most of the time bopping each other in the face with their balloons and Carly had to be carried some of the way. We were pooped, hot, and tired by the end so we headed home for naptime!
This morning I worked in the Nursery at church, this time with the 2 and 3 year olds. It was my first time in there and they were so much fun. We had at least 15 little ones in there. I even got my fill of crying children! There were a few times, after mom and dad dropped off their little one, that I was able to hold and comfort a crying child. I loved every second of it! They stopped crying and played happily the rest of the time.
After church, we stopped home to pick up everything we'd need for a picnic lunch - and bread to feed the ducks - then headed over to Crump Park for a picnic lunch. We fed the ducks first, of course, and then enjoyed our lunch. Back home for naptime. During naptime, I ran over to the Greenhouse and purchased some mums and a haybale to display on the front porch (I'll post a picture of that later). Matt got some time to relax in the sun before the kids woke up. After naptime, Connor and Carly played outside a bit with neighbor Hayden, throwing the frisbee and riding bikes. We had been talking with Connor about removing his training wheels - although I felt I needed to purchase some protective gear before we actually did it. This afternoon, though, Connor was so excited about it and Matt was ready to go, so I went along with it. As soon as the training wheels were removed, before I could even get the camera ready, Connor was off riding - never looking back. He rode around the driveway, then down the small slope, into the road and all around the cul-de-sac...all the time pedaling and smiling. None of us could believe it. He never fell, not once! Yahoo!!!
A jam-packed weekend!
No comments:
Post a Comment