Courtney, Heather, and I decided to get up this morning and get some exercise. Heather went out for a run, while Courtney and I visited the fitness center. WOW...what a place. There had to have been at least 12 treadmills, 5 elliptical machines, bikes, weights, and so much more. I must admit, I was quite impressed when the towel boy handed me a towel as I was walking on the treadmill. (He gave everyone one) Afterwards, Courtney and I went to the Riverwalk Cafe (modeled after the Riverwalk in San Antonio) inside the hotel to enjoy their breakfast buffet. Since it was $18 per person, we took full advantage and filled our plates, several times. It was delicious. It was just as we were about to leave that we were reminded that we were in Texas when a man seated nearby stood up, and as he put his suit jacket back on, revealed his gun in it's holster on his hip.
With all the free time on our hands, I knew immediately what I wanted to do. Sit by the pool! This pool was absolutely beautiful. Courtney and I picked out some chairs in the sun and relaxed while Heather and Liz took the shuttle over to the mall, as they both wanted pedicures. Here is where we spent the remainder of the day!

Megan and Sally had later flights, so they both arrived later this morning/early afternoon. Once Liz and Heather got back from the mall (which was apparently more of an outlet mall) with their newly painted toenails, we all sat together and caught up. We were all so excited to be laying at a pool without children to attend to. It was so relaxing, the scenery was beautiful, and the temperature was in the 80's with NO humidity. Just perfect!

At about 4:00, we decided we'd had enough sun and came back to our rooms to shower. Since none of really had lunch, we were all starving, and decided to go to the Texas Station restaurant (a full size restaurant inside the atrium) for dinner. It was a sports bar with the largest television screen I'd ever seen. We all enjoyed our meals very much.
Here we are outside of the restaurant
The general session was great. We heard from several motivational speakers, including Elisa Morgan, the founder and CEO of MOPS International. But I must say, the highlight of the evening was listening to the bang GoFish. They are a Children's Christian band, who's philosophy was to create music for children that wouldn't drive their parents BONKERS. When I tell you that they were fabulous, I mean it. Moms knew the words to their songs and were dancing in the aisles. The six of us were dancing on our chairs...
As soon as the session was over, we ran downstairs to the Resource Room (books, vendors, and resources for mothers) and get one of their cd's. I can't wait to play the music for Connor and Carly! Check them out...http://www.gofishguys.com/guys/index.html
It's time for bed now...tomorrow morning our first session is at 9am...
Until then...
1 comment:
So glad you girls are having fun! You deserve it!
PS - We've got the go fish guys here at home!
Post a Comment