As we were sitting at the table enjoying our dinner, it occured to me that Pre-School Picture Day is tomorrow. Connor's hair has been in desperate need of a haircut, and I really wanted it to look decent for pictures, so I ran him across the street to Great Clips for a haircut. Matt has taken him there before so I knew they'd do a nice job.
As we walked in, there were people already waiting. A man, and a woman with her two children. Connor walked right in and sat down next to the little boy. Feeling a bit embarrased, I encouraged him to come sit next to me, but he insisted on sitting next to the young boy. The conversation began...
"Hi"
"Hi, my name is Connor. What's your name?"
"Aidan. How old are you Connor?"
"Four"
"I'm in first grade. What grade are you in?"
"Pre-K. Do you like Star Wars?"
"Yes, how did you know?"
"I like Star Wars too...C-3PO and R2D2 are my favorite."
The conversation continued for quite some time. The little boy was telling me that Picture Day was tomorrow so he needed a haircut. He went to Longan Elementary School. He was showing Connor all of the different types of candy in the dispenser...
"Those are M&M's. The ones with peanuts in them."
"I'm allergic to peanuts"
"You are? There is a girl in my class who is allergic to peanuts"
"Yeah, but I like peanuts with butter on them (peanut butter)"
Then, Aidan was called to get his hair cut. Connor had to use the bathroom, so we did that. When we came out, there was another mother sitting in the waiting area with her two boys - one sitting next to her and the other sitting across the way near where we were sitting. Connor immediately went and sat next to the boy near our previous seats.
"Hi my name is Connor"
"Hi Connor, I'm Donald"
"Donald, how old are you?"
"Ten - how old are you?"
"Four"
Then "Baracuda" came on the radio and Donald said,
"Hey, this is Baracuda. I can play this on Rock Band."
"I can dance to it...wanna see me dance?"
"Sure"
I began to get a little nervous about what was going to happen next (since he definitely gets his dance moves from his father and the waiting area had now filled up completely) I tried to convince Connor that maybe this wasn't the place to show off his moves and that maybe we could wait until we got home. He said, "No, mom, it's all right." He proceeded to break dance in the middle of the waiting room floor. Everyone was smiling and trying real hard not to laugh hysterically out loud - myself included. Matt must be giving him lessons on the evenings I'm out! We (I) was saved when Connor was called to the chair. Sigh.
After his hair was cut, we headed for the door and Connor stopped to say goodbye to Donald's brother and asked him to say goodbye to Donald for him (Donald was getting his hair cut).
I think Connor is practicing to be Mayor. Such a social butterfly...must get that from his Daddy too!
Pre-op and Surgery Day (Pacemaker Revision)
1 week ago
No comments:
Post a Comment